Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm leaving on a jet plane...(Our LDR Story)

Don't worry, I know when I'll be back again.

Tonight I'm flying to Michael so I can drive his car back this weekend for his big move! I am so excited. No more constant traveling, no more tearful phone calls (on my part-if it gets past ten o'clock at night and I miss Mike a lot and talk to him, cue the waterworks) and most importantly no more long-distance!!

Mike and I have been long distance for a while now. He graduated a semester earlier than me and ended up finding a job in his hometown. After I graduated I had the big decision of where to go to grad school. Through many conversations Mike and I decided I should pursue my dream of moving to Boston and that he would eventually move north. It was a hard decision to make because I had been accepted to a graduate school near Mike. I knew I wanted to be in Boston, though, and Mike knew he would eventually want to move here.



It was painful to say goodbye after living the summer near the beach together. All of the sudden we were going to be back to long-distance.





Over the past few months (here in Boston) I have learned a lot about love, relationships, and us. I've learned to always have faith (even when it is incredibly hard to do so). There were so many times I broke down because I wanted to be close to Mike-he always reminded me, though, that every fairytale has a time in it when you're not quite sure if the couple will end up together and that that was the part of our story we were in now, but one day we would reach our happily ever after of being together. I am so glad I did, because that someday is finally here.

I believe long-distance really strengthened our relationship as well. Both of us went through some challenging things during the last year and we had to deal with them miles and miles apart. We got good at communication which has made all the difference.

I love this boy and can't wait to start our next adventure. For my LDR loves out there, if you ever want to chat about long-distance, let me know. Us gals have got to stick together! :)

So, I'm leaving on my jet plane tonight and finally getting my guy and bringing him home. Here's to our next adventure and hoping it will be full of love, happiness, giggles and lots of cuddles.




See ya'll in a couple days (I've got some boxes to move! :) )


7 comments:

  1. That is such amazing news. I am so happy and honestly don't know that I could ever be that strong. Good for you girl! ;-)

    Happy travels and safe homecoming to you and the BF!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comment! :)

      Delete
  2. aww thank you for your sweet comment girl! totally made my day :)
    glad you two don't have to do long distance anymore!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here. I found you through the blog hop. You have a wonderful blog. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      So excited you are following and I can't wait to check our your blog!! :)

      LB

      Delete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...