Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Extreme Extroverting

  

Hi Friends!

I hope you all had wonderful weekends. Mine went by way too fast, which has prompted today's post.

WARNING: I am feeling contemplative! (Hence the slightly artistic photo of me by the water).

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazyyyyy and I am already feeling all sorts of befuddled. With large papers due, finals on the horizon and feeling like there is not enough time to get it all done, I'm starting to feel trapped. You know the feeling of wanting to leave everything behind to do something, anything, that will sustain you? Like laying on a beach or being by the water or stargazing?

That's what I'm feeling. All sorts of trapped.

I am an extreme extrovert-a term I just read about in Concerning the Inner Life by Evelyn Underhill. I like to be busy, constantly. I multitask like a champ. And I'm starting to think this is why I'm feeling so burnt out. I haven't taken many introverted moments lately to just think, pray and live in moment without planning what I'm going to do next.

There needs to be a healthy balance- and I am deeply lacking that balance. So, tonight, I thought I'd write about the the things that do sustain me in hopes that I'll begin doing them more. And I also want to ask for your advice-what are some activties and/or books, poems, etc. that help you relax and become more grounded?

1) This quote hangs on my wall and always serves to inspire me:

Do the things you used to talk about doing but never did. Know when to let go and when to hold on tight. Stop rushing. Don't be intimidated to say it like it is. Stop apologizing all the time. Learn to say no, so your yes has some oomph. Spend time with the friends who lift you up, and cut loose the ones who bring you down. Stop giving your power away. Be more concerned with being interested than being interesting. Be old enough to appreciate your freedom,and young enough to enjoy it. Finally know who you are.
                                                                                                                          (Kristin Armstrong)

2) Music-music always helps to slow me down and give my brain some much needed endorphins. This week the Ingrid Michaelson Pandora station has been serving me well.

3) H2O. Every time I go by any type of major water source, I feel rejuvenated. Running by the reservoir (where the above picture was taken) always makes me feel 100% more alive and happier.

This week I hope to restore some much needed balance.

Thanks for listening and any potential advice you give! :)


10 comments:

  1. It is so hard to take a minute to slow down when you are feeling overwhelmed. I tend to want to do the same thing, just escape, when I feel this way. You seem to have some good and healthy ways to help though:) Music is always great! What are your favorites?

    Stopping by from the I <3 Bloglovin':)

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! :) I'm currently loving Ingrid Michaelson, Hem & Imagine Dragons!

      Delete
  2. Be sure to stop by the hop this week! I featured your blog:). Happy Tuesday!! Alice @ The Owl's Skull http://theowlskull.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-wonderland-hop-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I am so excited! You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I will definitely stop by and linkup!

      Delete
  3. Hey there. I found you thru http://colorthat.blogspot.com and I'm now your newest blogger member. Would love a follow back. pinkowl07.blogspot.com Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I love long ones like this.

    Just take your time and dont get in a rush and things will go like they should. Trust and believe and have faith in God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! I just followed you back! :) So happy to have you following along!

      Delete
  4. Love the photo! I can't imagine not living near the water- I am right there with you on it making me feel better. Hope things turn around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! & they definitely are with the sunshine!

      Delete
  5. I hope you're able to relax and slow down a bit. I think yoga helps so much! I took relaxation classes in AZ and just laying on the mat with my eyes closed, and working on breathing helped a ton.

    As for books... Matched series, Divergent series, Delirium series. All SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga is a great idea- and I love all those series!! SO good!

      Delete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...