Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Honesty: Anxiety Sucks

Hi Loves,

Happy Friday!

Today's post I'm getting real. Like real, Amanda Bynes needs help real.

Ha, sorry-lame joke.

I've been meaning to post about this for a while now, but the words haven't really come to me until tonight. Over eight years ago I was diagnosed with OCD and Anxiety. 

At first it was hard to adjust to, but now it's simply become a part of who I am. Some days I hardly notice it, others, like today, anxiety decides to reel her ugly head and completely-well, suck.

It's been a long week. I'm nannying full time and the kids were both sick with a cold. A cold which I contracted and stayed in bed with all day yesterday. So, today is finally Friday and is the first Friday which my lovely man has off in over three weeks.

What do I do? Come home exhausted and totally grumpy from being overly tired. I know I should put a smile on and be upbeat for M, but I can't manage it. I'm also totally anxious. No idea why-some days it just happens.

That, I want to crawl out of my skin, totally jittery anxiety.

And you know what? It sucks.

But, it's a part of who I am. Luckily, I have a guy that loves me enough to want to hold me and just be with me even though I'm a total grump-a-lump and keep insisting he goes out without me to have fun (my I-don't-want-to-deal technique.) 

And that's just it. I know it will get better and tomorrow I'll be my regular chipper self. It's just a part of life for me. And I know it always gets better.

Luckily, writing makes me feel better. So, I decided to spill my guts to you all. 

So, for all ya'll who have anxiety out there- I send you hugs. I know sometimes it simply sucks. And you know what? Let it suck for a little bit. It's good to be gentle with yourself. And then, dust yourself off, eat a scoop of ben and jerrys and keep on keeping on (at least that's what I try to do.)





PS. Don't forget to enter this awesome giveaway this weekend! I'm talking starbucks, hair ties and adspace galore! 


6 comments:

  1. A little less than a year ago my doctor pretty much told me that I have anxiety disorder and panic disorder. It sucks. I'm the same way in the sense that some days I rarely notice it, but some days I can barely function. I'll go through days of complete bliss and solace, and then I'll go into panic mode where I have several panic attacks a day. It's frustrating, but I totally agree. Sometimes you just have to let it run its course. Because it gives me worse anxiety to try to fix my anxiety. I'm a mess. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder. started a little over a year ago. I cant even begin to tell all about what i go through on a daily basis. I am sure we have things in common, and i send you hugs as well. I hope your having better time by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure mine is anxiety but I have had 2 anxiety attacks my whole life. But I hope things get better. Found you on another blogs side bar and decided to check you out. Been looking for some new readings of new bloggers. So I'm now your newest follower. Hope you'll come check my blog out.

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/06/lets-get-real-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs right back at ya! I have anxiety, too, along with panic disorder, so I know what you are going through. Some days are harder than others but with each day it does get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but definitely can relate to feeling crippling anxiety at times. It's so hard. I hope you're feeling better now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right there with you, LB! It stinks but unfortunately it is what it is- keep on pushing through it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...