Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Things I Didn't Know about Dogs/Sponsor Spotlight

Hiiiiii Lovelies!

I hope you are all having fabulous weeks! Today is finally my day off, so I get to catch up on everything blog land which is desperately needed!

As some of you may know, I am spending the summer full time nannying. I seriously wish they were my kids so I could plaster photographs of them shamelessly on this blog everyday. They are super super cute. 

The family also has an adorable dog. 

I have never owned a dog. I grew up in a household where we had princes, I mean cats. (I think my mom may love them more than us--sorry mom. (yes, my mom reads my blog and I think it's baller)).

Anyways, so enter me watching two young ones while taking care of a rambunctious doggy.

Chaos.

These are five things I didn't know about owning a dog:



1. That one time you forget the second poop bag? Your dog will instinctively know and decide to take a number two just to see how creative you can get.

2. Dogs seriously have a secret second bladder that allows them to hold gallons. I mean how else could they literally stop at two dozen trees in ten minutes to relieve themselves?



3. Tennis balls are worth more than gold. 


4. Separation anxiety is a legit thing among the canine family. If we go to the park and I so much as walk ten feet away, poor puppy starts barking his little head off. Ergo-I keep him close.

5. Sometimes dogs act like cats. Puppy loves to wash me-literally, every day he gives my legs a bath. It's pretty funny.

I continually learn something new every day and can't wait to have a dog of my very own one day.

****
Today I am SUPER SUPER SUPER excited to introduce you all (although you probably already know her cause she's that awesome) to Rachel from Postcards from Rachel!!

Photo cred: Rachel

She has been an incredible blogger mentor to me and is the best. Slash, she's moving to BOSTON and I can't wait for blates!! She has an amazing lifestyle blog in which she talks about travel (she has the best stories) and shares pics of her adorable dogs,-I may be a tad obsessed-how could you not be when she shares pictures like this?-among many other awesome things.

Photo cred:Rachel

I could gush about this lady all day but here are some questions and answers so you can get to know her better in her own voice! :)

What is your blog name and why did you choose it?

My blog name is Postcards from Rachel. I always knew that I wanted my blog to be travel-themed, but didn't want to mention a specific city or country since we would be moving around so often. I thought that my blog posts could be "postcards" from me to our family and friends (wherever we may be in this big world), and went with that.
How long have you been blogging for? Why did you start?

I've been blogging since the end of July 2012, but I should have started much earlier! I thought it would be fun to document our life abroad, weekend travels and all of the photos we snapped, and had no idea that blogging would turn into such a support system. I've met many wonderful ladies through blogging and some are even in similar situations. Blogging friendships are wonderful!

If you could be any candy bar what would you be and why?

I'd probably be a good ol' Hershey's milk chocolate bar. I don't have an interesting reason why... I just really like them. :)

What is a favorite adventure you've had?

We took a trip to Marrakech, Morocco last year and the entire experience was incredible. We rode camels in the desert, visited Berber villages in the Atlas mountains, handed out candy and school supplies to underprivileged children, and had a home-cooked meal at an Imam's house.

What sorts of things do you blog about?

I consider myself a lifestyle blogger so I write about a bit of everything. Travel, DIY, a few recipes here and there, and my wonderful dogs. I have a Westie named Malcolm (a good Scottish name since he's from Scotland) and a Dorkie named Ollie. I love pasting their pretty photos all over my website. :)

What are you really passionate about?

I love photography. I bought a DSLR last year and have been trying to teach myself about lighting, photo editing, and everything else. Street photography is my favorite because I enjoy wandering around while looking for things that are beautiful but real.
I'm also passionate about helping shelter dogs. I registered with a local rescue in Arizona and fostered four dogs from the county euthanasia list. I was able to teach them how to trust humans again, my dog Malcolm taught them important doggie skills like walking on a leash, and they found wonderful homes in the end. I cry a lot when they leave me, but its worth it. :)

Where can we follow your adventures?

Twitter: @PostcardsRachel

Anything else you'd love us to know about you?

I move around a lot so a lot of my readers get confused. In a nutshell, I started this blog in Scotland, moved to Arizona, moved to Florida, and we'll be moving to Massachusetts at the end of August. And then? Who knows. :)

Make sure to check her blog out and give her some love!

Have an awesome Thursday!!


6 comments:

  1. Yay another Boston blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally makes me want to get a dog, Love this! && YAY for Boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can play with my dogs ALL the time! :) And thanks so much for having me! Your questions were really fun to answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah! those dog pics were incredible! and i love rachel's blog! so glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...